Yields: 8-inch round cake
- 2 ¼ cups White Lily Cake Flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Strawberry Flavoring
- ¾ cup Strawberry, crushed (fresh or frozen, unsweetened)
Step 1: Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
Step 2: In a bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt.
Step 3: In a stand mixer combine and beat unsalted butter, sugar, eggs and strawberry flavoring, for 3 minutes. Scrap the sides of the bowl as needed.
Step 4: Add flour mixture alternating with crushed strawberries to the creamed mixture.
Step 5: Beat on medium speed for two minutes. Scrap the sides of the bowl as needed, or until the cake batter is smooth.
Step 6: Grease and flour 8-inch round cake pan, pour batter.
Step 7: Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until cake is done.
Step 8: Remove the cake from oven and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
Step 9: Spray the wire cooling rack with non-stick spray and remove the cake from the cake pan.
Step 10: Cool the cake completely before icing.
- When using frozen strawberries for the cake, the seeds look brown when baked. To avoid the cake to look pale and brownish, add pink or red color to the cake batter.
- Use all the juice for the cake batter released during thawing the frozen strawberries.