- Unsalted butter 1 Cup (2 sticks, softened to room temperature)
- Confectioners’ Sugar 4 Cups, sifted
- Meringue Powder 1 Tablespoon
- Strawberry Extract 1 Teaspoon
- 2% Milk 2-3 Tablespoons
- Pinch of salt
- Pink Icing Color (paste)
Step 1: Cream the unsalted butter, meringue powder, salt and strawberry extract in the stand mixer on medium. Scrape the sides of the bowl before continuing.
Step 2: Add confectioner’s sugar slowly at low speed until the sugar has been incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl before continuing.
Step 3: Add 2-3 tablespoons of milk and pink icing color with a clean toothpick. Increase the speed to beat for about 3-5 minutes until desired consistency.
- Add icing color little at a time, as color intensifies after some time.
- Paste color is recommended to use instead of liquid food coloring.