Makes: 3 cups (approx.)
- 3 Tablespoons Meringue Powder
- 4 cups Powder Sugar, sifted
- 5-6 tablespoons lukewarm Water
Step 1: In a stand mixer add sugar, meringue powder and 5 tablespoons of water. Blend on low speed until mixed.
Step 2: Scrape the sides of the bowl and increase speed to medium until mixed thoroughly.
Step 3: Add the last tablespoon of water only if needed, continue to mix for 10 minutes until icing turns creamy white.
- Icing is good for up to 2 weeks. Store in a dry place. Refrigerators are not recommended as they are damp.
- Store in a grease-free airtight container, cover the icing with plastic wrap and place the top on. Royal Icing is a hard-drying icing, decorations once dry could last for a long time.
- Decorations should be kept away from bright light as the colors can fade.
- Keep all the utensils grease free, as grease breaks the icing.
- Royal Icing when starting to come together in the bowl has a shiny sheen or glaze look to it, keep blending until it losses the sheen. This is the sign when the icing is done.
- If living in dry climate area cover the bowl with damp towel.
- If living in moist or humid climate area add teaspoon of water or few drops of water, only if needed. As too much water could change royal icing consistency rapidly.