Valentines Love Bird Box is a wonderful way to surprise your loved one on Valentine’s Day. Blue Fondant Box is a great way to present little boys and men in your life. These boxes could be used as favor boxes for any occasion from weddings to any parties. Add your special touch to each box and favors like white chocolate peppermint hearts, pillow mints, chocolate balls and more. Happy Valentine’s Day to All!!!!
- Fondant and Gum Paste Blend (Red, Pink and White)
- Wilton Pearl Dust (Orchid Pink and Ruby Red)
- Gum Paste Glue
- Vegetable Shortening
- Cutters (Heart Shape- Large and Medium, Bird, Leaf- Small)
- Tip 3
- Rolling Pin
- Dusting Pouch
- Lace Mold
- Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Cut N Spin Board
- Medium Heart Cut-out Wrapped in Plastic to form Heart shape
- Apply a thin coat of vegetable shortening on the board and rolling pin. Knead the red fondant until smooth.
- Roll red fondant 1/8th inch thick on the board and cut two large heart shape cut-outs.
- Roll red fondant about 1/8th inch thick and cut a long strip with spatula about 10 inches long and 1 ½ inches wide.
- Dust the plastic wrapped heart shape cutter with dusting pouch. Gently lift the long strip and wrap it around the heart cutter. This makes the sides of the love bird box.
- Cut the excess fondant off with a spatula and attach the two ends at the indent on the heart shape with gum paste glue. Run the spatula on the top edge on the cut-out on the plastic to make sure the height is even on all sides. Set is aside to dry.
- Roll white fondant about 1/8th inch thick to make two bird cut-outs. Flip one bird cut-out over so they are facing one another.
- Roll out red fondant about 1/8th inch thick to make two leaf cut-outs for feathers and two tip 3 cut-outs for eyes.
- Make indentions on the edges of leaf cut-outs to add texture with toothpick.
- Place the birds facing on another on the board and apply a thin coat of gum paste glue to the back of feathers to attach them on the bird body. Place a dot of gum paste glue for eyes and gently attach the red dots.
- Dust the lace mold with dusting pouch and knead pink fondant. Flatten pink fondant between fingers and place it on the lace mold gently pressing it in place. Roll out the fondant on the mat with rolling pin to get the entire detail lace pattern.
- Place the pink fondant on the board and make a cut-out using the large heart shape cutter. The pink lace will cover on portion of the red heart cut-out.
- Apply gum paste glue on the back of pink fondant cut-out and gently attach to the red heart.
- Brush the birds with gum paste glue on the back and attach one on the red heart and one on the pink lace. Place birds like they are kissing with their beaks.
- Brush the pink lace and the bird with pink pearl dust using dry clean brush. Brush the feathers, the heart cut-outs and the side of the box with red pearl dust using dry clean brush.
Note: Pearl dust adds a finishing touch of sparkle to the fondant.
- Place a wax paper on a flat surface and dust it with dusting pouch. Place the heart cut-outs and box side to dry for about 14 days.
Note: Try not to lift or disturb the cut-outs once on the flat surface.
- After 14 days gently try to move the cut-outs or peel the wax paper off. The side of the love bird box is a bit tricky to slide off, use gently pressure.
Note: When applying firm pressure this will break the sides and have to start over.
- Roll out 1/8th inch thick red fondant and make a medium heart cut-out. Set it aside.
- Fold the wax paper into a rectangle and flip the heart cut-out, lace side facing the wax paper. Apply a thin coat of gum paste glue on the medium heart cut-out and attach in the center of the large heart cut-out. Set it aside to dry for 1 day.
- Take the large heart cut-out and place the sides on the cut-out. Brush gum paste glue on the sides to attach the steam that holds the heart shape in place.
- Flip the sides of the box over and brush gum paste glue on the bottom edge of the entire sides. Place it on the large heart cut-out and holds it in place. Brush the inside with gum paste glue to attach the sides to form a box. Set it aside to dry for 1 day.
- Place two chocolate dipped strawberries inside the Valentines Love Bird Box and place the top on.