- Makes 5 cups (approx.)
- Ice 8 * 2 inches layered cake and icing for decoration
- 2 cup Solid White Vegetable Shortening
- 8 cups Powder Sugar, sifted
- 2 Tablespoon Meringue Powder
- 2 teaspoon Clear Vanilla Flavor
- 6 Tablespoons Milk or Water
- Pinch of salt
Step 1: In a stand mixer cream shortening, flavoring, meringue powder, salt and milk, on medium speed. Scrape the sides of the bowl and cream for about 2 minutes.
Step 2: Add powdered sugar slowly until all the powdered sugar is incorporated. Scrape the bowl and continue to blend until creamy for 2 minutes.
Storage: Store leftover icing in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
- Icing the cake: Thin the icing by adding additional 2-3 tablespoons of milk or water to the full recipe.